Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cindy Crawford - the next Martha, but with A Bod.

Have you seen Cindy Crawford's new furniture and housewares line for JC Penney? The collection is not vast, but there's a subtle glam vibe going on with it that could certainly work in the right setting.

This pair of nailhead trunks aren't terribly bad...
I can also see a similar (duo) arrangement using these faux bamboo footstools - easily recovered in a more substantial fabric.
I can think of any number of uses for an elegant etagère
Or a fluted demilune in a classic entryway setting.
...In non-design related CC news (here's where you can get your shallow-but-juicy tidbits) She's lookin' exceptionally great these days.

I don't know any woman who's breastfed two kiddos who has boobs that will (ahem, naturally) defy gravity when lying down...
Still, if I were considering augmentation, I'd certainly take her picture in as a great example of The Perfect Boob Job (they fall beautifully, don't you think?)
However, I DO know a few moms who can relate to this post-baby issue...
I'd love to know the name of her surgeon!
Just a subtle lift, Doctor.
OK, don't judge me for analyzing, I HAD to make this post more interesting than a scattering of footstools could provide! ;)

19 comments:

corine said...

some women get all the good genes (or good surgeons) . My stomach still looks like this 10 years post baby.

Jill GG said...

ugggh. so wishing I had cc bod. Now I'll snap out of it! Those nailhead stools are gorg though!

MFAMB said...

i am metting with a plastic surgeon on the 24th for just such a lift/reduction. mine are just too big and floppy for my taste. and yes, my tummy looks quite similar. the jcp stuff is cute too.

Rachel said...

She is one lucky lady. I haven't had any children yet, but I am a little nervous about the post baby bod.

Karen said...

What, the lotions and potions on her infomercial won't give me flawless skin for $49.99?!!

Just kidding, she can have all the surgery she wants. I like her, she seems like a pretty smart woman who didn't just use her looks to get ahead. (I would be sooo shallow if I looked like her!)

JMW said...

Wow, something Cindy Crawford and I have in common - the post baby bulge. Except, in her case, she quickly got rid of it. Should I take glee in the fact that it was caught on film, though? :)

Averill said...

The footstools are fantastic -- wouldn't they look awesome reupholstered in Chiang Mai fabric?

I suspect CC has had some plastic surgery and she definitely got it done right.

Sarah Ring said...

I haven't had children, but I have had a boob job. I agree it's all about the doctor - mine look a lot like hers (the boobs, not tummy... I wish!), very subtle and they do actually "defy gravity" while laying down (which is truly awesome, LOL).

Tricia said...

I did hear about her new collection but hadn't seen anything yet, very cute stuff. Aside from whatever she's had done to keep looking SO amazing she does seem more 'real' than a lot of them out there.
Fun post. Hope your trip's going well. :-)

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Ha - love it, Alison! :)

LindsB said...

she does have some nice things in her collection- I love those stools. Also, and I have not had kids, but even her post-baby body is not awful. I know not great, but she is pretty rockin in the others and I'd kill for her boobs...there I said it :)

Paula Grace Designs said...

Her line is nice ~ similar to other lines but a nice selection. Her surgeries are also nice and very well done. That is the key to having surgery I think (I haven't had any but I am not ruling it out). It must be done by a competent surgeon and done well and not excessively. Just returning to a former version of one's self not a whole new one ~

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Ah Alison you always make me giggle. Love all the stuff. Especially the pricing. With a bit of tweaking they will be perfect.

As for Ms. Cindy's tweaking it's been done perfectly. I don't have kids yet, but I wouldn't hate a little nip and tuck after wards. :)

bluehydrangea said...

furniture looks good..Cindy looks even better!

Maureen Stevens said...

if you find out who her surgeon is, let me know. her bum looks fabulous! the faux bamboo piece looks good.

Yansy said...

She does have a fabulous body as well as a sense of style. I'm loving her new line.

Renée Finberg said...

and i love you for it.
i agree completely.
she does have a heck of a doctor!

Alison Duffy said...

Ahhh, to have the best surgeon money can buy!!! Thanks for the dose of reality!

Karen said...

Back again, just wanted to let you know that I've named you as the recipient of an award on my blog. Hope you'll stop by to pick it up.