Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cold Feet

I spent a good part of yesterday in a funk, having cold feet over painting my desk lavender..purple...Barney - whatever color you want to call it.  
As someone suggested, "It's only paint," but I planned to use the high gloss, oil-based paint available here in Brazil that gives amazing coverage and gloss, but is a hag to dethrone.

Plus, it's actually Ben's desk - or was his grandparents'.  He's not all that keen that I'm painting it, but is even less keen to hear me bitch about everything being brown, and not being able to get this, that, or the other perfect desk I saw online (like I could if we were Stateside).  I've worn him down, and he's allowed me to paint it, so long as I paint around the vintage leather top.  Anyway, I'm (at least a little) sensitive to his aesthetics. ;)
And he about passed out when he saw Barney.

The thing is, I'm one the verge of desperation - trying to break out of our apartment's brown/beige/cream coma.
And I think it's making me make irrational decisions.
Not a good place to be.

Anyway, needing more than a little reassurance on this decision, I went to the boards to see spaces that originally made me think lavender in the first place....

Really can't get over this oldie-but-goodie.  'Spesh with that interplay of red.  Ironically, this color reminds me of my Barney.
So does this one...

Am I crazy? 
 Don't answer that.
More of what I want...
Totally different, but this would work, too.
Original source??



Guess I'm going back to the paint store...
Dammit.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh ... take the plunge!! You'll never know till you do!! Not irrational, just looking for something different and exciting!!

Sadie + Stella said...

Awww darling.. I know the feeling. I have been there and was there last week. It is going to be fabulous though. Promise. Love that last image!

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

Stay with your gut! I love the idea of the lavender. Those inspiration photos are fabulous! And you will create such a unique look when you use it in your home!