Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Monday - Let's do B&A's

It's a two-cupper kind of Monday for me, so how about some Before and After goodness? 

I've been working with my sister to get her formal living room properly zhushed before an upcoming shower she's hosting.  Can I just say right now how much it KILLS me not to be able to do this fun stuff in person?   Oh well, getting to be a part of putting together a great room is still rock 'n roll.

Wanna peek? (Pardon the iPhone pics)

Wingback Before - Sad stuffing, and almost-coulda-shoulda-been-kinda-cool Missoni-esque fabric....
photo

...and After... Make-a-me-SO-happy coral and purply-pink ikat!
sumbera wingback after

X-benches Before (sorry, no real-life photo) - Now, you know I'm not the kind to turn a side-eye to most anything animal print, but these bargain X-benches needed to look....well....not so bargain-y....

So, they found some love in the form of high-quality velvet, and extra tufting.  Oh, the plushness of it all!
sumbera x benches after
What's pulling this all together, you ask?  Why, a giant, colorful print by Cozamia, of course!
sumbera living art
Yep, Monday's lookin' better, already!

12 comments:

LindsB said...

Seriuosly I love it all so far! If its killing me to see more aleady I can only imagine how much its killing you not to see it in person too :)

San y Pimienta said...

WOW! It looks awesome. I bought one a few weeks ago, and I am so intimidated by it that I have put it in my guest bedroom where I do not have to see it :-)

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Awesome transformations! I LOVE that pink ikat... I pinned it last week. It looks amazing on that chair!!!

Unknown said...

HOLY CRAP! I adore, adore the ikat on the wing chair and those velvet x bences...wowzers- so inspired!

MFAMB said...

that coffee table is flirting with me.

looks great alison. all of it.

Lindsey E. said...

Love. ALL of it. Can't wait to see more!!!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

You know I liked that wingback before and then I got to the after. Gorgetastic! And you were so right about the benches - that fabric makes all the difference!!!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

InteriorGroupie said...

oooh those blue benches are amazing - great transformation! And not bargainy looking at all...

anita said...

Everything is so pretty, Alison!
Is that a hot-pink front door??
LOVE it.

Elizabeth Leach said...

It looks fabulous! I love that chair and x-benches. You're good! :)

Andrew and Marie Benson said...

The fabric on that chair just makes me happy and I've been craving some blue velvet lately so those benches are enough to inspire me to practice my Spanish enough to find an upholsterer here for some extra tufting. Beautiful.

Julia Ryan said...

good grief I need a pink ikat wing chair. asap!