Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Little H Spot: Jane of Modern Jane

Many people dream of beautiful kitchens, Jane from Modern Jane actually has one that was a labor of love - check it!

I'm Modern Jane and I'm super excited to be sharing my little happy spot with you today. I feel like my yard has been my happy spot this week with the great weather and the pile of yard work I've been doing. Although, it's mornings in my kitchen that make me most happy. It always feels so bright and fresh. I love standing in there in the morning making my stove top cappuccino. Ahh.. life's simple pleasures.



I especially love my kitchen because it was a labor of love. My brother built all of the cabinets. I primed and painted them. He even made me the counter top I dreamed of, out of pine boards. It's gotten a little banged up here and there but I think it adds to its charm.



The floors were covered in black and white tiles that we chiseled away one by one. Then, my Dad and I, punched all the nails from the sub floor back into the floor so that it could be sanded. I still can't believe that it came out as well as it did.

before:







after:



When we started out on the construction, I didn't dream I'd love it as much as I do. I appreciate the help so much and smile every time I'm in there:)






Thanks so much for having me today Alison! It was fun!


16 comments:

anita said...

beautiful!
i love everything -- especially the fact that you have old doors.
i have a weird old door envy.

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty! jane has got such great style, and those countrertops are amazing!

Unknown said...

Love Modern Jane's kitchen! Amazing transformation. Those counter tops are to die for!

Erin (Out on a Limb) said...

What a serene and chic kitchen! Love the way the pretty console fits perfectly on that wall.

Anna @ IHOD said...

How stunning! I adore white kitchens with silver finishes!

Lindsey E. said...

That kitchen is gorgeous! Nice job, Jane!

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Wow I forgot about your before!
Your house is just so beautiful!!

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

I don't even believe that's the same room. I love the clean white cabinets! Gorgeous.

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Such an amazing kitchen! It would definitely make me happy!

Joyful said...

Beautiful kitchen!

paperwhite said...

The pine counter tops are perfection. What a fantastic idea! I also love the chandelier.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Love that kitchen!! What a talented lady Jane is.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Jane did such a great job creating an inviting and stylish kitchen. No wonder she loves it!

Following you!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

PS. I NEVER tire of white kitchen--so timeless.

Jessie said...

Lovely kitchen, Jane! You did a great job!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful chic modern kitchen!