Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Color Inspiration

This week is nutso. Friday, we fly to the States for several weeks of R&R action. Well, I say R&R, but I should probably say running around trying to squeeze several months worth of projecting, shopping, eating, and visiting into a mere four weeks.

I really hope to hit the ground running on some things that need wrapping up in my sister and BIL's casa - one of them being their dining room. (pardon the lame-O iPhone pic)
Brooke Dining

Among other things, we're hoping to fill the space in the back wall with some sort of buffet/console, as well as add some much-needed focal color. The walls are Dovetail Gray by Benjamin Moore. We've been trying to come up with a vivid but complementary color, but I've been shying away from putting anything too predictable with the deep gray.

And then, it hit me...by way of a bracelet I designed...
DSC_2019

Coral - all glossy and juicy.

For a console (or two) taking something like this....
edland 2-drawer chest
...and hackety-hack hack hacking it into something so good you just might want to eat it. Ya with me?

Stay tuned, Peeps!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE! I'm about to do an IKEA console hack as well- can't wait to see how yours turns out- know it will be gorge!!

Lindsey E. said...

Me loves it!! I can't wait to see the progress you have made by the time I roll in!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

OOOH!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Love the shape of that console. Very hack-worthy.

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

so with you.
in fact as i was reading i was thinking CORAL CORAL!!!
and blammo!
you chose coral.
smarts.

Krista said...

Oh I love coral. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Did you know it's the most universally flattering color, according to Stacy & Clinton at least!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Are you gonna squeeze in some vintage shopping? And take back all kinds of good stuff.

OAK House 5. said...

Love the bracelet! Fun color!

Unknown said...

Perfect! Love that coral color with the graphic rug. It will look young and fresh.