Thursday, January 27, 2011

What would I do?

Do B&A pics draw you in, almost addictively? I'd venture to say my interest has some sort of sadomasochistic twist, since I have precious little opportunity to partake in Before and After fun - what with the lack of resale/Habitat/Craigs down here in Brazil. (Do I hear violins?)

Anyway, I still spend hours conjuring up the What Would I Do's when I see something begging for a facelift. Lately, I've seen some very snazzy images of cane back chairs taken from sads to shaZAMZ


So, when I spied this little 'ol lady (one of a pair) on Houston Craigs, I immediately thought of giving them a new lease on life for my sister client.
Of course, fabric and color selection depend on room, personal aesthetics, and for me, mood. Here's a few fabric and paint combos I put together:
Colorful Classic lineup_edited-1 copy
Yellow Ikat via L&S + Glidden Rich Navy

Subtle-Elegance-lineup
Flowering Branch via CC + Francesca by Martha Stewart Paints

Sophisticated-Darling-lineu
Sudan by L&S + Behr Premium Ash Violet

Tailored-Trendy-lineup
Formosia via L&S + Glidden Deepest Wooden Green

Posh lineup_edited-1
Jamil via L&S + Glidden True Turquoise

What would YOU do?
*Psst...if you don't know, let me help you! email me at: atexski@yahoo(dot)com

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love that second chair! So beautiful.. and all of those looks for the chair you found are awesome! I would take any of them:)

My Interior Life said...

Ooh, I love playing "what if" with fabric and paint. My favorite thing. Love all your combos, but for some reason number number two is really standing out to me!

Ashley said...

#1 and #2 are my faves...but I'm confident that any of your great combos will be wonderful. Please share the "afters" with us!

Lindsey E. said...

LOVE B&A's! These are all great. I think sister needs the colorful classic. Or maybe that's because I'm currently addicted to the yellow and navy combo. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pop, and graphic on swatch #1, and #3 is just so pretty. I have a chair very similar to the first pic, and have been debating what I will do when I start working on it. So which one did your sister (ahem, client) choose???

Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment! Your blog is lovely! Thanks for the chair inspiration- I've been searching for the perfect vintage chair to bring some fun to the corner of my basement family/media room.

Jana said...

Love this post! I'd have to say my fav's are 1 and 4. :) Linds and I strolled through our local antique shop and I found some cane back chairs that I want so bad. Need them like a crack addict needs to be introduced to meth, but I waaaaaaaant them. I snapped a cell phone pic that I'll send your way. I think they are overpriced. Boo. Talk soon!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

What a great idea. I'm leaning towards tailored trendy or colorful classic. Could be tempted by posh.

Chic Coles said...

They are all so good!But #1 got us right away. Share when they are finished.

Grace Ng said...

I love the first one, the contrast of colours is wonderful! Do you mind sharing with us what fabric and color paint that is? Many thanks!

Celeste said...

LOVE the ideas! I would have trouble choosing, but I think I'd go with Subtle Elegance. It's a beautiful and unexpected combination.

Noelle at Gray Paint Decor said...

wonderful ideas! i've thought about making over some of those babies before too. I like options 1& 3 the most. xoxo

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

loving the first color choices!! yellow + blue = winner

www.glitterandgoldblog.blogspot.com

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ok...amI the only one who finds it sad you have to cruise Houston Craigslist to get a fix?!

Number 1 all the way.

I almost brought home 2 MORE chairs from Habitat recently. But don't have any more chair space. Need to open up a shop!!

A Dance With Grace said...

I'm loving the yellow and blue and blue and animal print. I might go white with blue and white lattice. Or, to really mix it up, a bright Thibaut sea coral (if you are an islander) with a white or pale blue chair. Kind of fun day dreaming! Thanks for the lovely post!

Gina @ Temporary Nest said...

Ooooo definitely the yellow and navy!! Gorggggggggg!!! Im biased tho... im reupholstering a chair too and doing it in navy velvet! I can't wait for it to be done!