Monday, December 6, 2010

The House that Issa built

I can't imagine a fashion designer having a better day than Daniella Helayel did when Kate Middleton wore one of her dresses for the engagement announcement to Prince William. Daniella is the Brazilian designer behind the Issa of London label.
I know I was one of thousands of gals who scoped out the Issa sight to admire the classic and flattering styles now made famous by the future Princess.
I was equally interested to get a glimpse into the designer's loft - in the Chelsea district of London. Brazilians are so accustomed to sunshine and saturated color, that I imagine one might become depressed by the infamous dreariness of England.
It looks like Daniella has worked her way around that - by letting her love of Morocco, Thailand, and Africa dictate an other-wordly style for her home.

Daniella Helayel chelsea loft living

It seems Daniella has done a rather nice job of recreating (if not Ipanema beach), then at least her own Shangri-La.

Daniella Helayel chelsea loft 2

The billowy, canopied bedroom reminds me of the flattering draping Issa dresses are known for.

Daniella Helayel loft bedroom

The large collection of butterfly botanicals makes for a whimsical bathroom display.
Daniella Helayel loft bathroom
images
...and, I'd still love one of those dresses!

8 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

crazy about all the butterflies!

anita said...

It is all so gorgeous...
(Thanks for posting this - you know I love anything royal-related!) :)

Unknown said...

That dress was absolute perfection on Kate- I love the designers loft-more whimsical than I would have imagined based on her dress design. Really beautiful!

MFAMB said...

i dig it!!

Susie said...

oh, how i love all those floor pillows! were it left to me, i'd have nothing BUT!

SusieR said...

oh, how i love all those floor pillows! were it left to me, i'd have nothing BUT!

cotedetexas said...

ahaha! before my twilight obsession, i had a royal family obsession wiht diana. i love that she is wearing her ring!!!!!!!

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Swank city...I want a dress SO BADLY, does that make me the dorkus malorkus of the century that I was actually one of the people who tried to get the one KM wore in the press conference??