Monday, October 25, 2010

Thinking Pink

As you all must know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I think it's so amazing and encouraging to see just how global the campaign has become. In Rio de Janeiro, the famous Christ the Redeemer statue takes on a rosy hue during October to signify Brazil's commitment to breast cancer awareness. As the month winds down, I hope all the "pink" efforts have put us one step closer to eradicating the disease, and sufficiently celebrated those who have beat it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is neat! It is nice that the cause has gotten such global attention!

casa decorada said...

Hello, what a beautiful text about my Brazil! Love your country too!
Congratulations for your beautiful blog and if you need some recipe or tip about Brazil I am available! Since I'm your follower! Hug.
Valeria