Friday, February 5, 2010

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall...

A set of never-before-seen photos of Marilyn Monroe, taken six months before her death have gone up for sale. The candid shots are of Marilyn paying an unexpected visit to poet Carl Sandburg, who was a guest at photographer Len Steckler's NYC apartment.
Can you imagine being a fly on the wall of this encounter? That's exactly how the photographer described himself - just melting into his surroundings to capture this meeting between two icons. Can you also tell I'm an unabashed devotee of the tragic actress?
Prices for originals start at two grand - a great photographic art investment if you've got it lying around, but prints will also be available. Interested? Go here.
Ah, for the love of Marilyn!

Info via New York Post

10 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

i love her, she was beautiful and amazing in so many ways

susan said...

I love the expression on Carl Sanburg's face! I think this lady had a lot more layers than she is given credit for! Thanks for sharing these!

Dana said...

I also love her! I have her playboy pics in our office, she's just the ultimate woman to make a woman feel womanly... kudos

MFAMB said...

i am also a sucker for anything marilyn.

Blondie's Journal said...

She looks so happy and relaxed...I still believe her overdose was accidental.

xoxo
Janie

Chic Coles said...

I can't believe these just surfaced...after all of these years! She is so stunning!

Anna White said...

She is a doll...I did a short post about Hollywood natural Beauty's a while back...I fell inlove with these images of Marilyn that I came across..just beautiful and natural.

http://lonadeanna.blogspot.com/search/label/Hollywood%20natural%20Beautys

anita said...

wow -- and that dress she's wearing -- wonder what color it was?
so chic, so cool.

Radostina // 79ideas.org said...

She is so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.
xoxo,
Raru

My Notting Hill said...

These are great photos. She looks happy. Love the glasses too.