Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kitchen Daydreamin'

Did you happen to take note of this kitchen done by Windsor Smith in the November issue of Traditional Home?
I honed in on like a hawk. If you like a kitchen that dresses up for dinner, it's pretty much perfect. All the polished, white marble teamed with high gloss ebony, touches of silver and a dash here and there of Chinoiserie.
The details kill me - look at those oversize, polished nickel bin pulls she used in the island! And that lacquered, black finish on the wood - we'll let pass the knowledge that it must certainly show every speck of dust, the slightest nick or blemish...

The elegant pendant adds a nice touch of color, and the pair of lamps in the sink area create a this-is-more-than-a-cook's kitchen ambiance. Looking at that huge window over the sink, there's no doubting the wonderful view the owner (or her housekeeper) must have when doing dishes, but also imagine how beautiful the view must be at night - looking into that kitchen all aglow.
No need to mince words here - there's no High-Low about this beauty, but we "average folk" can dream a little, right?

15 comments:

JMW said...

It's exactly what I dream about! Someday, someday (if I win the lottery).

Karen said...

The floors and lighting are fabulous!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

See now...its the ceiling and the windows and those GREAT lights that have my number!

Very lovely...very out of my league...

Chicago Chic said...

Wow, these are just fantastic.

Taylor said...

I love it all!! all I think about these days are kitchens and I am no where near financially ready to do a single thing about it, ha!

Averill said...

Every now and then a little aspirational design daydreaming is a lot of fun. And this kitchen definitely delivers the goods. Those chairs are TO DIE FOR.

Beth Connolly said...

This is my favorite kitchen ever I think.

MFAMB said...

wow. that is dreamy indeed. those you are almost there with your chairs!!

My Passport to Style said...

Hi Kristen stunning chairs and thanks for your recent kind comments. New guest blogger over @ My Passport to Style,tomorow Sharonxxxoo

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Love it! I loooove all the black and white!

Janean said...

can you imagine how gorgeous the hostess looks under this warm, peachy-salmon lighting? oooooooh.

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Those chairs look like yours! I just gave MLHP a blog award -- stop by to check it out!

LindsB said...

Love this room! I've wanted black and white floors like that in my kitchen for FOREVER! These are so dreamy!

Sarah Ring said...

I love the pops of color!

Anonymous said...

Love that kitchen! Her entire house is bold and beautiful. xoRH