Monday, November 16, 2009

Get your "O" on

I had heard there was a Louis Ghost Chair knock-off on Overstock, but until the other night, I put it in the Urban Design Legend category of my brain. Lo and behold.... If you love the look of the now-iconic chair, but aren't quite ready to buy the real deal, here for $400 a piece, you can have a pair of these replicas for less than $350 at the big "O." (Buyers are giving them great reviews, too.)
They're also offering acrylic nesting tables, side tables, and coffee tables, too.

Speaking of iconic chairs - are you a fan of Eames' molded plastic model? An original will set you back $500 - "The O" is selling this pair of dead-ringers for less than half that price. I know, amazing, huh?
I really can't get enough of Mrs. Limestone's kitchen reno
...and, if I could get these shipped down here, I'd be all over them.
I saw pics from my cousin's recent trip to Paris... this little settee looks a bit like one sitting in their darling hotel room.
...And if elegant lines are more your vibe, this gray velvet, english roll-arm sofa might work nicely.
Top "O" the Monday mornin' to ya!

18 comments:

COCOCOZY said...

Nice finds!

Coco
Cococozy
http://www.cococozy.com

MFAMB said...

i'm afraid unless those items are less than 100 dollars the o will remain deep inside. still, great finds. that gray sofa is delicious.

Jill GG said...

Such great finds! I need to add some clear acrylic to my home somewhere! I love the chairs, but a coffee table would be nice too! Decisions!

Lindsey E. said...

Who knew! That sattee is precious...next house will have space for something so darling.

Taylor said...

ok so, I was JUST thinking last week that if I wanted a Ghost chair it would be immmmpossible to find a good deal- thanks for sharing! I love the Eames knock off's too!

A friend of mine has a huge island surrounded by those metal stools and it is fabulous, fabulous.

Mrs. Limestone said...

Thanks for the mention. Just fyi - my stools aren't the pricey tolix ones. They are the cheapo Lyon ones with a coat of aqua spraypaint. (they come in a perfectly nice gray, I just wanted them blue)

Haven and Home said...

Wait...I hadn't heard this, I am going there now.

Full House said...

I love Overstock! I've had pretty good luck with all of my purchases thus far. I am so glad they do the review thing & glad the ghost chairs got such great reviews.

have a great day!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Love that kitchen!!

Rachel said...

love the stools! I want to see pictures of the bedroom. How is it coming?

My Passport to Style said...

Hi Kirsten,adore the plush grey sofa.Sharon xxoo

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

WHAT? Awesome...heading over now.

Lauren said...

oh my gosh- awesome finds!!! love mrs.limestone's kitchen too!!! JUST GORGEOUS!!!

xoxo,
lauren

Averill said...

Never bought any furniture from the O but I'm definitely tempted to give the O a go now! That settee in particularly is gorgeous....and it'd be PERFECT in my hallway.

LindsB said...

I love the title of this post, I thought you were going to talk about something scandalous for a second.

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh wow they are all almost identical to the real things. Such great finds!!! Now I wish I could ever afford these versions:)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

O yes. Isaw these litttle ghostly numbers...and was tempted. Love the couch you found too!

And did you see the tangerine S chair? You are an orange girl at heart, eh?

And Limestones kitchen...forget It! Just forget it. It is unreal!! In a really really real way.

get it?

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

i find those ghost chairs adorable, such a bold statement! I love acrylic anyway! and these eames are great too!!