Monday, May 18, 2009

DD Update: Dining Room Divinity

I know you all have been craving some DD updates....Remember my brother & sister-in-law's Dining Room DD - their hopes to take it up a notch in the elegant, yet inviting department?
Well....take a lookey-look at what I had in my inbox this weekend...

Direct View
Before:
After:
Side View
Before:
After:
If you ever needed convincing on the power of good lighting - here's your answer. I'm amazed (though not surprised) at the drama the lamps/lighting add to the room. The gothic church window just comes to life and takes center stage in the room - as it was meant to do.
I think Erica plans to replace the empire shades with black drums to tone down the traditional element of the trophy lamps, and perhaps add some more of that essential accessory layering, but I think this is a fantastic start - Well done, E&M!
FYI: here's the deets on the lamps

While I'm in Texas, I'll also have the chance to work on my Aunt's bathroom re-do, so I hope to have some good B&A pics of that DD before too long. If I can just survive the looooong travel day(s), many good times await!

12 comments:

Kwana said...

Great update. Beautiful.

Haven and Home said...

Love these before and afters! You are so right about the power of lighting!

Beth Connolly said...

Everything really works. Great job. I might have missed this, but did you post what color red they used? It's a really good red.

JMW said...

That really goes to show how much good lighting can have an impact on a room. What a great redo!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Amazing how the lamps just bring the gorgeous window to life. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

Sarah Ring said...

Looks great - small things like that make a world of difference! Totally agree with you about the lighting - and changing those shades out will really make a statement.

Averill said...

Wow. You're so right: I'm amazed how just two small lamps can make all the difference.

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, they did a wonderful job. And you are so right about those lamps.

Slices of Beauty... said...

Lovely.
Beautiful blog too.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Well done indeed! laurie

Maria Killam said...

I saw your lovely face on Haven & Home so I had to take a look since your blog has Happy in it like mine! I'm glad I did! And I agree, lighting is everything!

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Indeed...never underestimate the power of good lighting, or good lamp shades. Black shades are my go to color for shades...they are elegant and add such a wonderful graphic punch to a room!