Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Note to Self...

A few (important) things...

First: The Domino-Inspired-My-Home Contest - Get Entered!!
This is the last week to send your pictures into We Love Domino (remember, the blog where I guest-posted?) for the contest. The idea is to send in your pictures of either an entire room or a vignette of a room where Domino magazine was particularly inspirational to the design. There's some great prizes for the winner, including Domino: The Book of Decorating (THE new design bible, according to MLHP ;) Click here for all the contest deets - and get snappin' those pics - I will be!
P.S. - Many thanks to Kate for putting MLHP on the We Love Domino blogroll - sending lots 'o love right back at your delightful (and very successful!) new blog!!

Second: Being (sorta) "in the Know" about yet another shelter mag...
I received an email from a good friend who has a friend who has landed a job at Country Living (get all that?) The friend-of-the-friend lost her job at Domino when it bid adieu :( Anyway... word is Country Living has a new Editor in Chief and Design Director, and they are taking the magazine from being primarily a shelter mag, to one that focuses more on a general "country living" lifestyle.
I can't say Country Living has been one of my go-to mags for design ideas, but I certainly appreciate some of the rustic aesthetic (like that natural-linen-covered chair on that cover!) I just really hate to see yet another home design-focused mag go astray! What, are we design junkies not worth catering to, anymore? Good grief!

Lastly: On a happier note...Saw this on Etsy (you all know I'm a big fan)
...And I thought...who doesn't need a purse to go with their TV room fabric? ;)
Thank you, Cassandra, from Coco+Kelly for the heads-up on those divine little purses from Jenniferladd - I'm betting she gets several orders from your post, and rightly so!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear about Country Living. Country Home is done with too. Keep posting great design pics, we're running out of places to see them! Oh, love the spring green bag coco+kelly posted!

Ashley ~ said...

I had to say a quick hello to another Texan. I scrolled down and saw your hubby in the TEXAS shirt and was all smiles*! (Hook-em-Horns) _Ashley*