Monday, January 12, 2009

Goin' Bananas, no, I mean PINEAPPLES!

Is it just me, or are you seeing pineapples...everywhere? Pineapples have a tradition of symbolizing hospitality, dating back to Colonial times when the exotic fruit was served to guests as a special and meaningful treat. The use of pineapples in interiors has sometimes been declared overly traditional, so thank goodness, the latest versions of it are fresh and modern - take a look-see!


Studio Printworks Petite Pineapple


Silver Salt & Pepper Shakers by Lunt

Pillow by Dermond Peterson


Zooey Deschanel's Creativity Room - Feb '09 Domino

Mary McDonald's Living Room - Feb '09 Domino

So don't you know I was super-thrilled to snag this little lovely on a recent trip to SoCo in Austin!
Carrie - Thank you again for having such an eagle eye, and for letting me take her home!

My intent is to transform it into something along the lines of this one from Shades of Light

Do you have a favorite trend right now, or are you maybe just feelin' FRUITY on this Monday! ;)

1 comments:

Lindsey E. said...

Lovin the pineapples! I'm still into the whole asian element. It doesn't fit my home, but I love it. I found some foo dogs at an antique store on Saturday. There are no markings, so they are probably just random knock-offs, but they match my room and I love them. So glad you're back!