Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This is too cool!!


Just had to mention one more thing I'm so thrilled about....Yesterday, I began CRT. At the risk of sounding like an infomercial: CRT is a corrective eye therapy whereby you wear special contact lenses that change the shape of your cornea. For anyone who ever had orthodontics: it's kind of like a retainer - for your eyes.... You wear the contacts at night (when they work their magic), and then, you don't have to wear contacts or glasses during the day! I'm not ready to take the plunge on putting my eyes under a laser and/or knife, so this was a good way for me to go to be four-eye free...
So anyway, I got the lenses yesterday, and wore them for the first time last night...here's the cool part: this morning, I
couldn't even wear my glasses because the prescription in them was too strong! Went for a follow-up, and the eye doc said my Rx was now half of what it was yesterday! It'll take about a week for me to be completely contact free during the day; in the meantime, I'll wear daily throw-away contacts of gradually lesser strength.
Cool beans, or what?

0 comments: