Thursday, March 1, 2012

Memory like an Elephant

It's funny, some days I can't remember whether or not I put on antiperspirant, but there are images from well-worn glossy mags that are burned into my brain - I could tell where I sat when I first saw them.  This (crappy scan) of a vignette from a 2008 House Beautiful is an example.  I have always, always loved this lemon photograph by interior design photographer, Victoria Pearson.

I remember researching her work when I first saw it, to find out about purchasing a print. 
Never had any luck.
But, guess what Mrs. Meare's happened upon while scoping out Nathan Turner's shop in LA?

*Bum ba da DAAAAM!"
Sound of me clicking through his site.
*PfeeeeewwwwSqueeeek*
Sound of air slowly being let of me when it puts me through to his 1st Dibs booth

*Ka POW*
The Price.

Still, closure.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I so know that project. Loved the living room/fireplace image. Me too....images burned into my brain. Designers are so weird! :)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Nice sound effects....

Lovely first image. BAM.

mrs. V | Chez V said...

Seems we were both slain by that image of Nathan's store for nearly the same-but-different reason. I posted about it this morning too. Longtime reader of you also - have been missing your regular posts lately. Glad to see you back.

http://chezviviv.blogspot.com/2012/03/mash-up.html

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

That first image is amazing! Crazy that it's from 2008! Love the sound effects!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Is there solace in closure? Sorry it didn't work out for you. Funny how something like this speaks to you, isn't it?

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

The Buzz Blog @ Diane James Home said...

Could you put it on lay away?? You know what they say about life giving you lemons... Have a fruitful weekend, Cynthia

MFAMB said...

camera + lemon = you win.

Free Coupons said...

Hello
My Little Happy Place
Thanks for putting up, very good stuff, It is pretty ideal for everyone.
Thank you!

Unknown said...

Ah I'm sorry it was so much- suckage but you're right...closure is good:)