Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let's see...what else have I got?

Wow, you all were decidedly not interested in baby Oliver's to-be rockin' nursery. Four comments? ..and I worked my tail off on that board, too. Sads.

Well...how about this? We learned yesterday that baby #3 is another GIRL!! From the get-go, I figured we were destined to have girls, but I took one of those Gender Predictor tests, and it said Boy. So, I had sort of gotten used to the idea that we'd have an XY child in the mix. Turns out, I should've trusted my instincts, as an ultrasound tells no lie, and a baby girl it is. No worries, though, she's looking perfect, and we're delighted and blessed for that.

Still not what you're looking for?

OK - how about some pretty rooms...The latest Lonny killed it. Sent me into some kind of design schizophrenia.

The house full of creamy (and in some cases, contrasting) neutrals have me seriously questioning my devotion to color...
Screen shot 2011-09-14 at 9.34.45 AM

Screen shot 2011-09-14 at 9.34.09 AM

...and then I spy glossy persimmon and aqua velvet (the fabric, not the aftershave), and I feel a tugging at my soul.
Screen shot 2011-09-14 at 9.36.46 AM

Lacquered walls - will we ever get over it? Not when it's this good.
Screen shot 2011-09-14 at 9.35.39 AM

How perfect would this be to reflect our overseas life?
Screen shot 2011-09-14 at 9.37.10 AM

Hey! They're mooching off my inspiration!
3-D butterfly art, Lonny Style:
Screen shot 2011-09-14 at 9.36.29 AM

3-D Butterfly art: Casa G Style:
DSC_0417

Lonny's Glossy Turquoise Bureau:
Screen shot 2011-09-14 at 9.36.07 AM

My Glossy Turquoise Bureau:
DSC_3667

See? We are of equal, rad style.

This pink couch, amid all this amazing natural light, gives me huge amounts of inspiration for when we move to Rio. What? Did I just say that? It's a secret, so shush.
Screen shot 2011-09-14 at 9.37.28 AM

Now for the quiz:
1) What two things did I reveal in this post?
2) What Missoni item did you snag from someone else's cart yesterday at TarJAY?

12 comments:

Hillary said...

You're expecting another girl and moving to Rio! Did I get them?!?!?!
I didn't make it to Target until much later in the day. Managed to get a fab little tiered serving tray thingy and a cute shirt. All the other great home stuff was gone, gone, gone. Sigh.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

congrats on the girl!! Your hubs is going to be WAY outnumbered!

PS- my family is 3 girls and a boy at the end. Not that I'm saying your should try for 4, but just sayin...

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I dunno im too dumb to figure it out! Tell me!!!

Braxton and Yancey said...

Congrats on the baby girl! As for Rio, your secret is safe with me.

Color glorious color! Why would I go to Target when I can stay home and revel in the beauty that is Lonny?

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Congratulations on the 3rd girl, Alison! We are having a 2nd girl around the New Year. Yay for girls! My Target wasn't wiped as badly as most -- I picked up a cute girls sweater dress and leggings for my 4 year old, a mug, notecards and a baby blanket. Really wanted a tray and throw. Keeping my eyes open for re-stock in a few weeks!

The Buzz Blog @ Diane James Home said...

1) Hmm - I've actually got three! Congratulations on baby girl #3 (I have 3 boys and it's just easier to dress the youngest in hand-me downs!), a secret move to Rio, and you should be in the pages of Lonny with your impecable style and taste!
2) A big fat goose egg - any Target within 2 hours of NYC got wiped out in 15 minutes!

jenn from midlife modern said...

Sorry...I was out on vacation last week otherwise I totally would have commented. Especially cause your boy name choice is my ultimate baby boy name. Does the little lady now become Olivia?

My friend who's expecting her 2nd daughter told me that it's genetically less common and more difficult to have a boy if you've already had two girls, but if you've had two boys it's not as difficult to have a girl as your third. I have never thought to check this information to see if it's a bunch of hooey, but I found it interesting.

Unknown said...

the orange high gloss walls.... !!!

if only...

Amy C said...

Congratulations! Girls are fun (we have only two so far, but I'm sure 3 is extra fun!). And moving to Rio?? Wow. Love your style. Hope your pregnancy is going well.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Preggers again! Congrats...a little girl...congrats...and RIO...where o where are you going to live??

exciting stuff!

My Interior Life said...

1. Another girl 2.Rio, baby. How cool on both counts! Congrats! I haven't checked out Lonny yet, but definitely need to. Looks yummy. And I'm sorry I've been bad about commenting - just reading and going because of lack of time. But I loved your moodboard for Oliver's nursery. Those suckers do take a while to work on. I just did my second one (for my fantasy basement - which also hardly anyone commented on!) and it took forever. You've got skillz!

Leah said...

congratulations on your baby girl! Rio sounds so fun. love the lacquer in lonny also & mixed with velvet always gets me! so happy for you.