Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Prettiest Kitchen

image via Antique Shops & Designers magazine
This kitchen, owned by Houstonite and Fabulous Flea designer, Mary Daly, is one of the prettiest I've seen in a long while. I love her casual, open shelving filled with the mix of high-end, silver pieces, and everyday (Target-available) elements like the glass cookie jars. I've got jars exactly like that, but I don't have one fab, vintage-looking juicer. Been eyeing them for years, and think it might have to be on my holiday wishlist. ;)
After seeing this pic, I tried to re-create her little coffee station. Doesn't it look so lovely? Needless to say, I think mine's missing that certain je ne sais quoi...
Maybe it's the ugly granite/dirt tile combo (hey, I didn't pick it out, it's part of the rent-free package). Mary's limestone subways and white woodwork lend themselves better to showcasing silver. So, I have something to aspire to!

12 comments:

MFAMB said...

i agree! so simply pretty. perhaps this is all you need to complete your coffee station..
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=20562995

LindsB said...

I wish I could keep open shelving looking that neat- mine would be a disaster. I love your little coffee station though!

Rachel said...

Very pretty! So bright and comfortable at the same time. I saw this mug stand at World Market the other day...I think it would be prefect in your coffee station.

Sarah said...

Oh I love her light fixture!

Cottage Dreamers said...

I love how open and bright the kitchen is. I could see myself enjoying a cup of coffee in there every morning!

Shorely Chic said...

I love your blog! Your life seems so exciting and I love that refreshing kitchen :)

Averill said...

Her kitchen is gorgeous!

I love your coffee station, actually. I adore coffee and all the accessories (especially antique silver coffee pots!) that comes with it, but alas the hubs isn't a coffee drinker so it's just me that I'd be catering to.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Her kitchen is gorgeous, however I do like your really pretty coffee station. It looks very inviting. Hugs, Marty

Melanie said...

I do love the open shelving. I am organized and could have that in my kitchen. It is so light and airy. I love it.

Southern Aspirations said...

Very pretty! I'm a big fan of the open shelving and the fine balance she's achieved between too stark and too cluttered. Great example!

Catherine Anne said...

Love it here!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Nice kitchen...and I would love a cafe longo...purty please!