Monday, February 2, 2009

Media Matters

So, I'm assuming we all watched a bit of TV yesterday....whether it was the Super Bowl, or any of the anti-Super Bowl offerings. Anyhow, it got me thinking about TVs in general. I'm one of those people who spends a lot of time trying to figure out how to integrate all the media components Ben hooks up into something somewhat elegant, and less like a wire explosion. So far, I've not been very successful...

We have a flat screen, but unless you've got one professionally installed and wired through your wall, you still have to deal with the limitations of all those connections. Since I'm always on the lookout for nice and/or clever solutions to these media matters....here's a few that have come across my radar...

Classic looks for the built-ins...

design2share

You little disguiser, you! Hand-picked art canvas slides over your TV when not in use.
Art screen TV - Charles and Hudson

See that floating orange panel? Yep, that's a TV - LA style!
Mondrian LA

This one's probably my favorite - and definitely gets the award for most creative use of an easel.
House Beautiful


I thought about purchasing this IKEA bookshelf/media console unit for our office
(yes, all the books are still stacked on the floor), but it surpasses the weight limitation on shipping to an APO - drats!
Expedit bookcase

0 comments: