Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I like big books and I cannot lie

Are ya'll ready for it?  The Hunger Games world premier, duh!  I'm hosting a "pre-game" party at my house, so I have all things Girl on Fire on the brain to gear up. 
Doesn't the cool factor of Katniss sort of make our obsession with Edward, Jacob and (I guess) Bella seem really lame?
I won't be in line for the midnight showing - me and my amigas are blue-haired like that - but I'm super-stoked just the same!
Hunger Games

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
In other book news, I started this one the other night.  It's about a Manhattanite woman who falls in love with farming, all things fresh food, as well as an "all man" farmer who's happens to be a brilliant cook.
Just a few pages in, and I'm ready to hang it up, buy some fertile land, and learn what life's really all about.

4 comments:

Susie Riley said...

That book you're reading sounds fantastical... yum! And I really like the idea of a Hunger Games party - what are you serving?

Unknown said...

I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. I am following now. This book is on my "to read" list . Hugs! P.S> I hope you will stop by and say hello and maybe enter my latest giveaway too

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

I didn't think I would like the Hunger Games, then ended up reading all three books last weekend!!! Couldn't stop reading. SOOO good!!! Can't wait for the movie!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Darling Daughter is at the movie (well getting ready for it at midnight) as we speak! Have a fun tete a tete!