Friday, February 10, 2012

I Bit the Bullet

Go ahead, call me a follower, but I wasn't about to let the chance to snag a Stark Fauna aka "antelope" rug pass me by this week, when they were featured on OKL
We've all seen 'em, some of us love 'em, and some of us have husbands who travel all the time, leaving us sad and idle, and wanting to fulfill our souls with something.  And rugs can do that.  Sometimes.

All boo-hooing aside, I bought a runner.  They're ALL good, but I think this pattern in a runner is particularly effective.  So does Sally Wheat.  See? (and she's a boss)

...examples of more goodness
(this one's actually Karastan, but whatev's, you get the idea)  image source
Oh, if I ever have a little boy's nursery of my own....

So, in summary:  Antelope Rugs: Good.  
Dressing like an antelope:  Questionable
Happy Weekend, Folks!

9 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

Love it! Coveted it myself too.......Need to find a spot for one at my place...

By the way, good choice and a sale to boot! Cause for celebration in my book.
L.

My Interior Life said...

Yay!! You know I love em. I think I used a couple of those photos a while back too. I'm so jealous of your new runner. I somehow missed the OKL sale. I'm a member but don't get emails anymore for some reason. I guess I just need to check the site more often. Although, there's a Karastan antelope runner at our local Myers Carpet that I might have to break down and get for my stairs. One of these days . . .

MFAMB said...

oh boy! i cannot wait to see this unicorn of a rug.

JMW said...

Ohhh, I love the runner on the stairs!! What a great look.

The Buzz Blog @ Diane James Home said...

Although I've never been a huge fan of animal skins (real) on the floor, I've been admiring faux ones recently - Jonathan Adler orange/white zebra for my kids room, a cowhide with silver for the front hall... but the Fawn is gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing, Cynthia

Unknown said...

Bethany bought the antelope area rug for her office...
Such a find, at a great price!
Happy Weekend, and check out our give away!
Nancy
http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/02/powell-brower-home-maiden-giveaway.html

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Can't BELIEEEEVE I missed this, as I've been wanting either antelope or fawn for quite a while now, & just hadn't "completed the search" as of yet, so THANKS for the heads up... and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I found it, but it APPEARS this is polypropylene (sp?)... Is that right, and if it is, will it be SOFT enough? I ADORE the look! Plz advise if you would be so kind!!!

Waremest & thanks,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

for the love of a house said...

I love them too! Congrats on your missing-your-husband-great-buy!! Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do:)

happy sunday,
joan

Bailey@peppermintbliss said...

WHa!? How did I miss that? I have been thinking about running some of that goodness up our stairs! Baby girl is on the verge of some moving action and it is time they get some padding. Darn!