Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Highlighting Interior Photography

As I'm gradually accomplishing projects around my house, and planning to put together a portfolio of my interior styling work, I'm focusing more and more on what it takes to present a room amazingly.  A professionally photographed space can take a less-than-extraordinary room, and with incredible angles and lighting, make it look straight out of a design glossy.  A poorly-lit and photographed room, however inspiring it may be, will never earn its true merits.

I came across the work of Ashlee Raubach, who's photographs of interiors capture light and essence perfectly, creating a sense not only of a beautiful space, but of actually wanting to be a part of them. 
Talk about inspiring!



 






7 comments:

jenn from midlife modern said...

Living in a NYC basement apartment, every time I see pictures of big, open houses with good natural lighting, I whimper just a little bit.

I'm guessing a good wide-angle lens helps a lot with capturing interiors well too, right?

Unknown said...

I just had a project photographed this week and we really had to judge the light. There was a race with one shot to get it before the light moved too much. My photos are only accidentally good. I know my limitations and always hire a professional. My daughter is majoring in photography though in college....so I guess I'll have my own photographer some day!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Those photos are beautiful. I love the black/white/gold/blue room... so glad to find the source!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Beautiful!! It does make such a difference. I hate when I can't capture what I "see"! Accidentally good...I like that!

The Buzz Blog @ Diane James Home said...

So agree! Photography can make or break in interior. These images are just beautiful and I love how she captures people in movement - adds life to a still-life! Thanks for sharing, Cynthia

LindsB said...

I so need help in this area. Taking a great interior photo is so much harder than it looks. I have a TON of projects I need to photograph but everytime I get out the camera to take the photos they never seem to come out right. I think I need to take a class somewhere or get the help of a professional. I cant wait to see yours!

Ashlee Raubach said...

Thank you so much for the shout out :) Your blog is amazing!! I could spend hours (which I don't have ha ha) just browsing everything!!! Thanks again!