Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Inspired by October

Now that October is in full swing, I feel I have permission to begin seasonal sprucing around our casa. I don't go all-out for the holidays in general, but I do love Halloween. This month, I'm playing hostess-with-the-mostess for a couple of small soirees, so I'll probably go a bit beyond my usual.
Avery is dying to decorate pumpkins, and I need a new centerpiece, so I'm thinking some blingy pumpkins might be a fun projecto.


..but otherwise, I think a subtler approach - maybe a hint at glossy black goodness, or a speck of harvest orange might be enough to set the mood just right.

Source: None via harim on Pinterest



High gloss black doors can do no wrong in my book.

Source: google.com via Ashley on Pinterest



Whoever said dark walls retract space clearly never saw a powder room this grand.



However, an all-white kitchen benefits from a shot of color



Making a huge mental note on the pumpkin detail of the bookshelves amid the slate-y walls. And wait! Is that a cowhide? Cut to mimic Moroccan tile? I die.

Source: flickr.com via Alison on Pinterest




New Trad goodness. Stripes never fail.



There's just so much gone right in this reading room, but I'll go ahead and note the orange leather.


So, go on. Let some orange and black do the talkin'.

2 comments:

anita said...

Hi A!
If you like that rug, you have to check out Kyle Bunting's website!
http://www.kylebunting.com/

Happy Fall!! :)

Unknown said...

That rug is INANITY...holy crap. Loving all that black gloss as well!