Monday, May 2, 2011

Gradeschool Crush

I have a crush on these gradeschool-reminiscent trough sinks that are popping up all over the place. If I were working with someone redoing a shared, sibling bathroom, I'd be all over it like white on rice. Ditto for envisioning a bath for my own girls.

Turns out that its pedigree isn't all that lofty - it's a Kohler model, the Brockway, offered by Home Depot. The arched, showerhead-looking faucet is the Cannock. The three-faucet model, plus faucets and accessories like the soapdish will set you back nearly 2Gs - bummer - but I'd argue the classic and whimsical style is worth the heavier price tag.


Obviously, you can take the style all-out Cottage...


...but, I tend to like where this vintage-with-a-twist look is going.

Clearly a no-brainer for kids who need as much area to catch splashes as they can get.

Mom and Dad could use a sleeker, more Victorian version...




Wonder who gets to use the mirror?

11 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

My intention was to use one of those when we redid the kids bath...Had the order all ready. Then I realized we needed a little bit of a counter. Found an old asian altar table.

Still look at them fondly!

Unknown said...

I think these are so fun- especially for messy kids- love when they are balanced out with some more modern features etc...also LOVE that last shot!

Appletree said...

I love those!!! now adding them to my list for future bathroom remodels

Julie said...

love this post! thanks for the info!

cotedetexas said...

love these!! i showed a house where the mom homeschooled and had a water fountain!!!

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

perfect for a kids bath or even a kitchen. and def for a laundry room. but really on the pricetag??!!!
it seems the beauty of it is that it looks so INexpensive!!

Anonymous said...

These are perfection for kids bathroom. Love it! They are timeless.

Danika Herrick said...

Oh I wish I had one, I have the messiest boys that are obsessed with HotWheel Color Changing cars. They spend hours in the sink with them and flood my counters.
These would be perfect! I just need to add urinals too! Thanks for the info.

LindsB said...

I need one of those sinks..no like for real. Like I NEED one of those sinks.

I must pray to the house Gods tonight :)

Unknown said...

These are great. Perfect for kids. I love that last one. Nice.

Luella and June said...

Really great shots! I love that last picture of the bathroom!

www.luellajune.com