Friday, July 23, 2010

Shoppe Local

There's a lot to be said about buying local - from the small business owner trying to make a go of it in this not-too-kind retail environment that tends to favor Big Box discount stores. I've always found individually-owned gift shops offer so much more in terms of unique items, so I was delighted to learn that Lauren Bade was opening her doors in my hometown. My first glimpse of Lauren's clever collection of clothing, jewelry and home accents was at her flagship store in the tourist and shopping mecca of the Texas Hill Country: Fredericksburg.
Here, she's taken a large space in our historic downtown, remodeled half to be the darling shop, while the adjacent half gets a facelift to be a wine tasting room. Perfect!
If you're in this neck of the woods, this is some eye candy you don't want to miss! Beautiful entryway with hardware: You have me at Hello!
DSC_1787
Some of that gaga-producing merchandising
DSC_1776
Embroidered cotton and silk tunics - Eenie, Meenie, Miney Mo!
DSC_1772

Unique jewelry
DSC_1778

Frame-worthy papers - too gorgeous to cut!
DSC_1786

Precious goodies for the pint-sized among us


























And of course, more yummy-ness for grown-ups! If there had been any way for me to lug this tole and beadwork chandy back to Brazil, she'd have gone into Isla's nursery {sigh}
DSC_1782

...More lamp lusciousness


























Wouldn't a cluster of these reflective votives be beautiful on a tablescape?
DSC_1774

...and, the impending Wine Room - can't wait!
DSC_1788
Let's just say, her perfectly-selected items and winsome displays left a fine impression. Welcome, Lauren, Victoria is so happy to have you!
Lauren Bade
221 South Main Street
Victoria, TX
361.582.4222
**All photos by alison g. for My Little Happy Place

11 comments:

Beth McC. said...

I just came across your blog and I LOVE IT!! I love all your pictures! Consider me your newest follower!

Kerry said...

What a gorgeous little store! I'd love to make a trip down there and see it in person. Especially love those cute reflective votive holders. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kathysue said...

Great store, so much eye candy. Oh my that chandelier was precious!! I agree about the votives that would be stunning!! Kathysue

Raina Cox said...

I'm crazy in love with those votive holders!

Lindsey E. said...

Victoria is VERY happy to have her. I hope she's open the day after Thanksgiving. I will be there to shop AND drink wine.

MFAMB said...

those candle holders are awesome!
i want now.

Tiaz said...

great store. :)

amber said...

cool store. cool site~ i like it here! :)

Unknown said...

What a gem. I adore the chandelier actually all of the lighting. BTW, I have a giveaway over at my blog http://aspoonfulofdish.blogspotcom come and check it out.

Ms. Pink said...

such a sweet shop :)

love the blog!

mp
http://www.thepinkandblueblog.com/

Maria Johns said...

great store with lovely eye candy!!