Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Dinner: Super Bowl Meat 'n Tater Meal

I didn't realize that it's Super Bowl Sunday until a day or so ago.  As much as I'm a huge college football fan, I really have no interest or loyalty in the NFL.... So, we won't be partaking of the usual Game Day fare, but did opt for a traditional "manly" meat 'n taters meal.  

Garlic-rubbed grilled filet mignon, Herb de Provence roasted potatoes, and my latest obsession: Cranberry-Toasted Walnut-Blue Cheese Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette.  I saw Ina make her Cape Cod Chopped Salad on TV a week or so ago, and pared it down significantly.  For some reason, it really hits the spot these days.  (Hey, there's been stranger and less-healthy cravings, right?!)

Hope you have a great Sunday, and that your team (if you have one) wins!

6 comments:

MFAMB said...

looks delicious!!!! any time ina cooks something i want to make it.

Anna White said...

Yummy!!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Yummmm! It felt wierd eating BBQ in our house with 25+ inches of snow on the ground...

Tricia said...

Wow- everything looks so yummy but that salad sounds particularly good to me....even at 9am!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

hmmmm. Her salad DOES look delish! That dressing sounds spectac!

Lindsey E. said...

So what's the story on bleu cheese and pregnancy? I have salad in Dallas that was on my weekly routine and the best part was...the bleu cheese, of course. Is it off limits? And no, I'm not a spaz about every little thing...just new at this game. :)