Thursday, October 8, 2009

Opinions, Please!

First things first: THANK YOU for all your kind wishes and notes of congratulations to us - we are delighted to give Avery a baby brother or sister! As some of you have asked: I'm due on or about April 20, and yes, I'll keep you posted on nursery plans (although it'll be awhile before THAT project gets moving!)

OK, you
design gurus - this is my best attempt at a mock-up of Avery's painted headboard and new lamp - the painting is (yes, *sigh*) still a work in progress. Now, however, I've hit a big, fat bump in the road... I'm planning to do a skirted bedside table, but I can't for the life of me DECIDE ON A FABRIC!


With the large-scale pattern going on in the duvet, I gathered a solid, cotton duck would be best. I figured a dark navy, maybe trimmed out with some hot pink rick rack or grosgrain BUT THEN I realized how difficult it will be to match up the blue of her headboard with a solid fabric - two "off" blues does not a mini-diva bedroom make! *Keep in mind - we don't have large, high-selection fabric stores down here - this will be a one-shot online order*


Here's a close-up of the duvet to refresh your memory

So, I'm back to considering a smaller-scale pattern that will (hopefully) coordinate, but not clash with her bedding. Am I insane?

Here's what I've found so far - shall we tally a vote?

Option 1: Batik Leaf
Option 2: Kolar Stripe
Option 3: Tala
Out-of-Left-Field Option 4: Azaka ikat
Option 1,2,3,4 or Throw me another idea - I'm fresh out!

26 comments:

Hat Lady said...

Congratulations, welcome to the club; I´m waiting a baby for 31th december...

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ok...I like the idea of a smaller print. How about a blue smaller print (like the ikat with many different hues of blue...ONE of them is bound to match the bed, no?)

So essentially, the blue Ikat but smaller print or design.


Next...
(I'll be interested to see everyones opinions too)

Karen said...

I like contrast, I would go with the blue. I agree with Linda, a smaller print would look best.

Hope you're feeling well.

MFAMB said...

i like number 1 best, but the stripe in number 2 is nice too. neither one of those will compete.
i like 3, but i think it is getting a little too fussy and competitive with the bedding. 4 is great but i think it might be too much..too competitive for sure.

MFAMB said...

although i agree with the others in that a smaller print in blue would be nice too.

Jill GG said...

I'd go with the stripe... I don't have a very "trained" eye though! Whichever you choose will be fantastic though!

Mrs. Limestone said...

Not a design guru but Im thinking the stripe would look very nice to pick up on the pinks and white without being too busy.

Taylor said...

I am in love with number 4 and I think it would be awesome with some hot pink bias tape as detail to tie it in with the pink bedding and the lamp shade. I adore the pillow case with her name! Also, congrats on baby #2!!

Unknown said...

I think you should go simple, use the pattern as part of the trim. Create a border out of it, then add blue to the edge of the border to connect it together. I hope that makes sense.

Beth Connolly said...

I too would go with blue but in a smaller print.

Caitlin said...

I think the kolar stripe or the I LOVE the ikat.

Have you considered a navy blue ticking?

livingwithstyle said...

What a jazzy little ladies room! My vote is the 2: Kolar Stripe - can't wait to see the final picture.

LindsB said...

I like the stripe idea- I think it will look great in that room!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

#2 - striped and simple

Jess said...

OH I like the stripes! And congrats on your pregnancy! What an exciting time-- will you find out if the baby is a boy or a girl before birth?

Jen said...

#1 is my favorite out of the pink prints & i agree with the masses and like the small print for that space too. AND think that some other blue options could be considered as well. she'll love it!

congrats on the next one!
jen

Michelle Hughes said...

I like them all.... but I would go with the stripe.

Congrats again!
Michelle

Sarah La Rose said...

You should definitely go for option #1. Congratulations!!

Minnie said...

I love No. 4 and agree with comments on it. It goes well because of the blue but it's not too matchy-matchy so it adds some pizzazz.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Congrats on baby number 2!

I think a small stripe- either the pink shown or something similar in blue.

Melanie said...

I think number two is nice. If the colors match, I think that it would be pretty.

Nicole said...

I think the stripe would look nice maybe layered with a darker fabric underneath.

Under a Green Roof said...

I love the contrast - #4! blue ikat!

cotedetexas said...

Congratulations!!!
and I love the pink ikat!

Lindsey E. said...

I think I vote #2. I like the stripe next to the pattern of the duvet. I also agree with the masses on a blue ikat with many shades of blue. Either way, it's going to be such a darling big girl room for the pumpkin!!

jgarza said...

I'm liking the stripe!