Monday, October 5, 2009

Now they're hitting us in the Belly

Today, it was announced by Conde Nast that they are discontinuing four magazines, including Gourmet. I haven't kept my subscription up since we've been down here (too frustrating when I can't find ingredients!), and, more often than not, reading Gourmet was an exercise in inspiration rather than accomplishment. However, they did have a feature along the lines of "quick & easy" meals that was more than doable for the less-than-culinary-pro.
I'm just so sad that yet another glossy that challenged and inspired us (this time, in the kitchen) has fallen victim to this retched economy. Sometimes, we need something above and beyond our daily mundaneness, ya know?

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I am so upset that they are closing down this magazine. I absolutely love it. I can't believe that they didn't have enough readers:(

MFAMB said...

terribe terrible terrible TERRIBLE NEWS!!!!!!!!! cookie mag too!!!!!

LindsB said...

I hated hearing this news today- so so awful!

Southern Aspirations said...

I know it! SO sad.

Averill said...

It just makes me think: what's next? Will all magazines be forced online? Much as I enjoyed the debut issue of Lonny, I can't help but wish I had a print version to devour...

Unknown said...

I cannot beleive the way Conde Nast is slowly closing the doors on some of most wonderful publications. Gourmet really reached out to everyone: casual cooks, chefs, foodies.

That said, it's great to hear from you Alison! Take care.

Beth Connolly said...

When will all this end and what will be left?