Monday, October 27, 2008

Livin' for the Little Things

Hey Blogaronies! Sorry I've been so MIA - had a kiddo with a stomach bug (always fun), and Ben's been traveling for work (makes it all the more amusing), and must be honest in saying I've been in a bit of a funk as far as inspiration goes...

I have all these ideas and plans, but no real sources to help me carry them out. You know those pieces of furniture I'm aiming to paint? Well, there's no Home Depot down here, so, went to the 'mom 'n pop' hardware store to learn...they don't mix paint in Brazil! At least, not from what I can gather... Now it makes sense why all the houses are one of six colors: white, cream, mint green, lavender, pink, or gold - think black might be an option??? Also not real sure if I can do all the reupholstering myself, and I have NO CLUE how to search for someone who can assist.

So....yes, to say it's a challenge down here is an understatement. I tend to blog about the superfluous things in my life, but the daily necessities sometimes seem to take an Act of God to accomplish as well.... So, for the past few days, I've been trying to keep it all in perspective, and appreciate all the Little Things that truly do make me happy - like.....

This amazing shower we have - seriously, it's the best showers I've ever taken - awesome water pressure, plenty of hot water - Bliss!

The beautiful frangipani (aka plumeria) tree blooming in our back yard

My sweet Ben, who loves me despite all my drama
(By the way, this is my all-time fave pic of him - rare because he's not grinning like a schoolboy, just very "him" - taken by our family friend and photographer, Debi Meissner, after our wedding in San Miguel, Mexico)

And most of all, the HUGE ray of sunshine that brightens my every day

0 comments: