Thursday, September 25, 2008

Eeeny, Meeny, Miney, Mo...

I ordered several fabric swatches from L&S, and good thing! Several turned out to look very different than they appeared on the website. Here's a peek at where I'm at for the seats on the Chinese Chippendales, and the Asian-inspired side chairs from Ben's grandparents...

The Yeas

These are all pretty great...Clearly, I'm not over the damask look, and honestly, I believe it's a classic print, so "trendies" be damned! The orange and blue prints are a nice cotton, not-quite-duck fabric, the green is a very sturdy & textured upholstery, and the multicolored is a linen blend - all have potential, I think! But, I'm still itchin' for some RED!

The Nays


I had such high hopes for these when I saw them online...the first (from left) looked to a be a very cute hot pink and white damask - I thought, hmmm, maybe I'll try sewing some pillowcases for accent in Avery's room. Oh, no! This is actually a very rose/mauvey heavy (read: dowdy) look - Yikes! The middle is OK on color and pattern, but it way too thin to use and expect any kind of wear & tear. The third again appeared very different online - a rich red, but in reality, is very rust - not all that bad, just not what I'm looking for...

The Maybes
These two fall into the "possibility" pile - the green is fairly heavy, but the color is nice. I'm really looking for some fabric with a bit of Oriental flair, but this watercolor blue doesn't quite fit the bill...think Ben will probably Ix-nay the "girliness" of it for sure!

So, I'm at a bit of a standstill...especially until I get back down to Brazil, and figure out in which rooms I'll use each piece of furniture...

On a side note, L&S is a pretty cool site for fabrics - I received my order super-fast, and they throw in matching trim for free - Free rocks, right?!

0 comments: